Marinated Ginger Shrimp
This Japanese dish can be prettily arranged on a serving plate. Sweet sherry
may be substituted if the sweet sake is not available.
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 ounces ginger root, chopped
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet sake
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons thinly sliced scallion
- Cook shrimp as directed on package; drain.
- Arrange shrimp in single layer in glass or plastic container.
- Heat soy sauce to boiling; add gingerroot. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered
until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar, sake and salt; pour over shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade with slotted spoon; arrange on serving plate.
- Garnish with scallion.