Red Bean Cake
- 2 pounds red beans
- 2 ounces unflavored gelatine
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- Boil beans approximately 3 hours. Rub through a sieve.
- Dissolve gelatine in the water. Add sugar and gelatine to beans, and cook
slowly for 6 to 8 hours.
- Turn into an 8- or 9-inch square pan. Cool.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares or rectangles.
- Wrap pieces in cherry leaves if desired.
- Serve with tea.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.