Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with Walnuts
No need to spend time making sushi the old-fashioned way. Try this, and you'll
be a convert!
- 1 1/4 cups cooked sushi rice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 ounces sushi-grade tuna (cut into 1cm cubes)
- 3.5 ounces sushi-grade salmon (cut into 1cm cubes)
- 6 black olives (crosscut halves)
- 1/2 avocado
- optional lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons whole walnuts
- 1/4 lemon (slice and then quartered)
- optional chervil (can substitute with fresh parsley)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange walnuts on a cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes,
- Roughly chop the toasted walnuts.
- Peel and pit avocado, cut into 1cm cubes and drizzle lemon juice.
- Combine warm rice with vinegar mixture, stir with a rice paddle as you fan
with the other hand to let the extra moisture dry as it cools.
- Assemble the sushi rice on a plate, decorate with tuna, salmon, olives,
avocado, walnuts and lemon and top with chervil.
Nutrition: 481 Calories Fat 20g Saturated Fat 4g Monounsaturated Fat 9g Polyunsaturated
Fat 6g Cholesterol 44mg Sodium 803mg Carbohydrates 49g
Dietary Fiber 5g Protein 26g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: California Walnuts
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.