Seafood and Vegetables in Broth (Yosenabe)
- 1/2 (3 3/4 ounce) package cellophane noodles
- 4 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 broth cans water
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 8 ounces cod or haddock fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces Chinese pea pods
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- 4 scallions (with tops), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallion (with top)
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Yosenabe: Cover cellophane noodles with hot water. Let stand for 10 minutes;
- Cut noodles into 2-inch lengths.
- Heat chicken broth, water and carrots to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and remaining ingredients except Dipping Sauce. Cover and
heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer until shrimp are pink and fish flakes easily with fork, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with small dishes of Dipping Sauce.
- Dipping Sauce: Mix all ingredients.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.