Shogayaki is a favorite for lunch and dinner in Japan. Using a Japanese style grater for the ginger produces more "juice."
- 8 ounces sliced pork
- 1/4 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded (optional)
- Shred cabbage with slicer. Put cabbage in a bowl of cold water until ready to use.
- Grate ginger.
- Slice onion.
- Combine grated ginger, soy sauce, mirin and sake in a bowl.
- Cook pork on high heat. When it’s almost done, add onions and sauté.
- Add the ginger sauce. Let the alcohol (sake) in the sauce evaporate over high heat and then add 1/4 cup of water. Let it simmer for a minute and continue sautéing.
- Serve Shogayaki with rice and shredded cabbage.
Yield: 2 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.