Soba with Toasted Sesame Seed Sauce
Soba noodles are available in Japanese food stores, whole food stores, and some
supermarkets. You can add any vegetables to this dish that you enjoy or have on
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 8 ounces dried soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons balsamic
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Pour the sesame seeds onto a rimmed baking sheet. Toast the seeds in the
oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until they are a rich brown around the edges.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles
and cook them for 5 to 6 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- Drain noodles, rinse them well with cold water, and drain them again.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, garlic,
sesame oil and green onions.
- Add the noodles, and the toasted sesame seeds. Toss well, then stir in the
- Let the dish sit for 30 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Makes 2 to 3 servings.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 12/25/2001 4:01 pm.