Teriyaki Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 (3/4 pound) flank steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Trim fat from beef. Cut into strips. (It is easiest to partially freeze
the beef before slicing. It makes it so much easier - or thaw just to the point
where it can be cut easily.)
- Combine soy sauce, water, honey, garlic and ginger in a shallow dish.
- Add meat and turn to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Add oil to a wok or stir fry pan at medium high heat.
- Add steak and vegetables,
except for tomato, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add tomato and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until done.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: 414 calories; 40% fat; 9.2 gm fat