- 6 large cooking apples
- 1 cup water
- 1 (2 1/2-inch) stick cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples. Combine apples and water in a Dutch oven;
bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cinnamon stick and nutmeg; cook, uncovered, over medium heat, stirring constantly,
15 minutes or until liquid is evaporated.
- Remove from heat; cool for at least 30 minutes,
and remove cinnamon stick.
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add half of apple mixture. Process
1 1/2 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once.
- Repeat procedure with remaining apple mixture.
Yield: 3 1/4 cups
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.