- 2 large tart apples, grated unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large bananas (for topping)
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Dash of grated lemon rind
- Combine grated apple and lemon juice.
- Beat sugar and egg yolks until creamy and
add by stirring in quickly and alternately with matzo meal to which spices have
- Grease a pudding dish and turn in this mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees F approximately
35 minutes, or until set.
- Turn out on serving plate and top with sliced bananas.
- Beat egg whites with salt
and sugar until thick and spread on top just before serving.
- This may be eaten cold without topping of bananas and beaten egg white meringue.
- A dusting of sugar and cinnamon may substitute for egg topping.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.