This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Bavarian Kartoffel Kleiss
(Mashed Potato Dumplings)
- 4 boiled potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 slices toast, crushed, or same amount of cracker meal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Dash of nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
- Combine ingredients in the order listed and form into balls the size of walnuts.
- Drop into rapidly boiling salted water one at a time. Lift out as soon as they rise
to the top, using a slotted spoon.
- Add chicken fat or other shortening and brown lightly in a skillet.
- Serve with soup or meat gravy.