Bavarian Kartoffel Kleiss
(Mashed Potato Dumplings)
- 4 boiled potatoes, mashed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 slices toast, crushed, or same amount of cracker meal
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- Dash of nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)
- Combine ingredients in the order listed and form into balls the size of walnuts.
- Drop into rapidly boiling salted water one at a time. Lift out as soon as they rise
to the top, using a slotted spoon.
- Add chicken fat or other shortening and brown lightly in a skillet.
- Serve with soup or meat gravy.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.