Brandied Chocolate Orange Torte
- Matzo cake meal (for pan)
- 4 eggs, separated, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins, chopped
- 1/4 cup matzo cake meal
- 4 ounces toasted almonds, ground (3/4 cup)
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Passover brandy
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 pinch salt
- Additional grated orange peel
- Shaved semisweet chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom of 8-inch springform pan; dust with
cake meal, shaking off excess.
- Using electric mixer, beat yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until slowly dissolving ribbon
forms when beaters are lifted, about 5 minutes.
- Combine raisins and 1/4 cup cake meal.
- Fold raisin mixture, almonds, grated chocolate,
juice, brandy and 1 tablespoon peel into yolk mixture.
- Using clean, dry beaters, beat whites with salt until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry.
- Fold in yolk mixture.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Invert pan onto rack. Cool cake completely in pan.
- Remove springform.
- Garnish cake with peel and shaved semisweet chocolate before serving.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.