Bundt Noodle Kugel
A favorite for Yom Kippur — a part of the Jewish New Year.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar, or a little less
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- Spray Bundt pan with nonstick spray. Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into Bundt pan.
- Place brown sugar over the butter.
- Place chopped nuts over the brown sugar.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients together.
- Add the noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into Bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour or until
- Remove from oven, turn upside down onto plate and serve.
Yields 12 servings.
This can be prepared the day before serving. Refrigerate it until ready
to bake the next day.