Burekas (Jewish Sephardic)
Jewish Sephardic BUREKAS is quite similar to the Turkish "burak." Burekas
can be prepared with various types of dough: strudel dough (thin leaves), rising
dough, or with types of prepared dough found in the market. It is widely sold on
Israeli street corners and bakery shops. To be tasty, it must be served hot and
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups self-rising flour
- Warm water
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup cooked spinach
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 cups sesame seeds
- Dough: Melt the margarine and mix with flour and salt.
- Add warm water until able
to roll dough. Roll it, cut a leaf, and cut circles with a cup or cut into squares
and make triangles.
- Stuffing: Mix all the ingredients.
- Put one teaspoon of stuffing on each dough circle. Fold in half.
- Garnish: On top, spread yolk and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Place on a well-greased cookie tray and bake at 350 degrees F
(180 degrees C) until golden (approximately 15 to 20 minutes).
- Serve hot.
Source: Lior's Kitchen Talk
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.