- Pinch of salt
- Flour - enough to make a stiff dough as for noodles
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 pound dry cottage cheese
- 2 egg yolks or 1 whole egg
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Sugar and cinnamon, to taste (if served with sour cream)
- Dash of white pepper (if served with hot milk)
- Dough: Make a well in the center of sifted flour and salt and add egg and water.
- With a fork stir together to make the noodle dough. Roll out to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2-inch squares and fill each with Cheese Filling.
- Drop prepared kreplach into rapidly boiling water, one at a time. Cook, covered,
for 10 minutes. Uncover and reduce heat for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Drizzle with additional butter and brown under broiler flame.
- Serve with cream cheese and sour cream.
Serves 4 to 6.