Cheese and Noodle Ring
This is a Shevuoth dish.
- 3 cups boiled noodles
- Salted water
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese or half this amount and 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Boil broad noodles in salted water 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with hot water.
- To 3 cups boiled noodles, add 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese or 1/2 cup each cottage
cheese and cream cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and eggs.
- Turn into a well-buttered ring mold, sprinkle with cracker crumbs, and bake at
375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Variation: Turn into a buttered heavy skillet and cook over moderate heat for
5 minutes, stirring lightly to prevent sticking. Brown more cracker crumbs in hot
melted butter and sprinkle on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.