Cheese and Noodle Ring
This is a Shevuoth dish.
- 3 cups boiled noodles
- Salted water
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese or half this
amount and 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Dash of pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Boil broad noodles in salted water 7 to 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with hot
- To 3 cups boiled noodles, add 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese or 1/2 cup each cottage
cheese and cream cheese.
- Add salt, pepper and eggs.
- Turn into a well-buttered ring
mold, sprinkle with cracker crumbs, and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or
until lightly browned on top.
Variation: Turn into a buttered heavy skillet and cook over moderate heat for
5 minutes, stirring lightly to prevent sticking. Brown more cracker crumbs in hot
melted butter and sprinkle on top.