- 4 matzos
- Lukewarm water
- 1 pound dry cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- Grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Soak matzos in lukewarm water.
- Drain and press extra moisture out carefully so
as not to break the matzos.
- Generously butter square deep pan.
- Put 1 matzo on bottom of pan.
- Spread with one-third of the cheese, put on another matzo and
spread with cheese until 3 matzos are used.
- Cover top with fourth matzo.
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add milk, lemon, sugar and salt.
- Pour over the matzo and cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve hot or cold.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.