Chocolate Hanukkah Stars
- 1/4 cup Prune Butter (see below)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs worth of egg substitute
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat prune butter, sugar and egg substitute on medium speed
of electric mixer.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt;
add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Cover; refrigerate dough until firm enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with star-shaped
cookie cutter (can use menorah, dreidel and others).
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until no imprint remains when touched lightly in the center.
- Cool for 1 minute; remove cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
Two recipes for prune butter that will obviously give much different
Recipe 1 - Simmer for ten minutes 1 cup pitted prunes and 1 cup water, then puree
strained prunes and 1/4 cup cooking liquid in blender or food processor.
Recipe 2 - Puree 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter to 2 pitted prunes in a blender
or food processor.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.