Chocolate Raspberry Hamantashen (Pareve)
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar raspberry preserves
- In bowl of an electric mixer, combine margarine, sugar, egg and vanilla extract
and blend until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- Add dry mix to mixer and blend together until well mixed.
- Divide dough into four pieces and chill for one hour.
- When chilled, heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll dough out on a lightly floured
surface to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut 3-inch rounds. Re-roll scraps.
- Place 1 teaspoon raspberry preserves in center of round and fold three sides up to form
a triangle, leaving some preserves visible in center. Pinch corners and place on
greased cookie sheet, two inches apart (hamantashen will expand).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 2 dozen.
Source: Chicago Jewish News
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.