Classic Honey Cakes
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups honey
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee dissolved in 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 4 x 10-inch baking pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, honey and sugar until well blended.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and spices.
- Add flour mixture alternately with liquid ingredients.
Mix on medium speed until batter is smooth.
- Divide batter among the three pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until cakes are
golden brown and test done when a wooden pick inserted into the center of the cakes
comes out clean.
Makes 3 loaves.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.