Dried Apricot Soup
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 3 cups cold water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar or 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup light cream and 1 1/2 cups milk or 1 1/4 cups evaporated milk and1 1/4 cups water
- 3 egg whites or grated lemon rind
- Simmer apricots in a covered pot 30 minutes. Put through a sieve or fruit press.
This yields approximately 2 cups puree.
- Add sugar or honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon
juice and salt while hot.
- Just before serving, hot or cold, stir in cream and milk or diluted evaporated
milk and heat, but do not boil.
- Top with a little grated lemon rind or float teaspoonsful
of beaten egg white on top of each serving, using 3 egg whites for this.