- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 cups farfel
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces dark honey, preferably buckwheat (3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried ground ginger
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- In a heavy pot, add egg to the farfel and stir over low heat until dry.
- Add the sugar, honey, lemon juice and ginger. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring
- Wet a wooden board and quickly spread the hot mixture on it, or spread on an
oiled cookie sheet. Flatten with a spatula that you've dipped in cold water.
If desired, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cut into squares when cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
For extra spicy candy, use grated fresh ginger instead of dried.
You can also reduce the amount of farfel to 2 cups and add 1 cup walnut or pecan
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.