Fried Matzo (Matzo Brie)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 matzos
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk or water, salt and cinnamon.
- Break the matzo into this mixture.
Stir well and turn into melted shortening in a well-heated skillet. Cover.
- Cook over moderate heat about 10 minutes or until browned on underside.
- Turn and brown, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, plain or with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon, applesauce or honey.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.