This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Fried Matzo (Matzo Brie)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 2 matzos
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk or water, salt and cinnamon.
- Break the matzo into this mixture.
Stir well and turn into melted shortening in a well-heated skillet. Cover.
- Cook over moderate heat about 10 minutes or until browned on underside.
- Turn and brown, uncovered, for about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, plain or with a sprinkling of sugar and cinnamon, applesauce or honey.