- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound American Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Make a mush of the cornmeal by stirring it gradually into rapidly boiling salted
water and stirring constantly until the mush leaves sides of saucepan.
- Pour into a shallow pan. Refrigerate.
- When cold, cut into small squares.
- Melt cheese in top of double boiler.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly to blend.
- Arrange layers of mush and cheese mixture
in a buttered baking dish and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.