Grated Potato Knaidlach
- 3 large raw potatoes
- 1 cup cooked, mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 tablespoon onion juice
- Pare and grate potatoes. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible by pressing with
- Combine remaining ingredients, mixing thoroughly. The mixture should be firm
enough to form into balls. More matzo meal may be added if necessary.
- Shape into
balls the size of walnuts and drop into rapidly boiling salted water, cooking for
about 1 hour over moderate heat after the last ball is dropped in.
- Drain and serve
in clear soup or as dumplings in stew, chicken fricassee or meat gravy.
Serves 6 to 8.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.