Grated Potato Kugel
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- About 3/4 cup flour
- Dash of white pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- Grate raw pared potatoes; squeeze out excess liquid, and grate onion into the
- Add eggs, salt and as much flour as necessary to make a batter that will drop
from a spoon.
- Heat shortening in baking pan and fold into batter.
- Turn batter into greased baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 375 degrees F or until nicely browned
and crisp around the edges.
Serves 4 to 6.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.