This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Green Onion Latkes
- 2 pounds mealy potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
- 6 to 10 green onions, including tender green leaves, thinly sliced or coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons matzo meal or flour (or a combination)
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Rinse potatoes in cold water then squeeze out excess liquid.
- Place potatoes in
a mixing bowl with green onions, eggs, matzo meal, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat about 1/8 to 1/4 inch oil in heavy frying pan then drop spoonsful of the
batter into the hot oil.
- Fry several pancakes at a time cooking until golden on
the first side then turning and cooking the other side.
- Serve immediately accompanied by sour cream.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving (using a total of 2 tablespoons oil): 260 calories 8 g protein
37 g carbohydrate 10 g fat (2 g saturated) 105 mg cholesterol 44 mg sodium 1 g fiber