Grilled Garlic and Coriander Chicken
This is a recipe with Biblical ingredients. It is simple to make and good for
a Shabbat dinner in the summer. You can make it several hours ahead and serve it
at room temperature with a good tabbouleh salad. Coriander was thought to be the
Biblical manna in the desert.
- 3 boned and skinned chicken breasts, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup good
extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Place the chicken in a glass Pyrex dish.
- Rub with the garlic and season with
salt and pepper to taste.
- Dribble the lime juice and the olive oil over the chicken.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and let sit in the refrigerator covered for several
- Cook on an outdoor grill several minutes on each side.
- When browned, serve or
let sit until ready to serve at room temperature.
Yield: 6 servings
>> Jewish Recipes