- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Combine cottage cheese and egg, then beat until well blended. Stir in milk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, if desired.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ones and stir lightly.
- Drop by tablespoonsful into a deep pot of hot oil. Fry until brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Drain on absorbent paper towels.
- Serve immediately with jam and sour cream.
Yields about 10 fritters.
may be doubled.
>> Jewish Recipes