Israeli Cottage Cheese Levivot (Pancakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground
- Whisk eggs until fluffy.
- Add cottage cheese, flour, baking powder, salt and 1
teaspoon of the sugar and mix well.
- Heat griddle or nonstick skillet.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 tablespoon
of the oil in skillet and heat until butter is melted.
- Pour heaping tablespoon of
batter onto skillet, flattening slightly with back of spoon and cook in batches
until golden brown, turning and browning on other side, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Repeat with
remaining batter, butter and oil, draining pancakes on paper towels.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Serve pancakes sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
Makes about 20 pancakes.
Per serving: 69 calories; 4 g fat (1.6 g saturated fat; 52 percent calories
from fat); 4 g carbohydrates; 28 mg cholesterol; 218 mg sodium; 4 g protein; 0.1