Jewish Cabbage Soup
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 large can tomatoes, crushed or
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 large can tomato paste
- 1 can tomato soup/tomato sauce
- 2 onions, quartered and sliced
- 1 can or jar tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or to taste
- Lemon juice to taste
- 2 to 4 cups water
- Put everything except sugar and juice in a pot on a low flame for 1 hour.
- Add sugar and lemon to taste and cook 1/2 hour longer.
- Also good if you add meatballs and/or serve it over rice.
Posted at Recipe Goldmine by Lior 6-6-02.