Jewish Traditional Tomato Soup
A handful of herbs such as basil or oregano can be added, though this is not
- 3/4 water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place water in a soup pot; add the rice and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat,
then reduce heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sugar to the pot. Simmer for 15 minutes more, or until rice
- Add paprika and season to taste, adding more sugar if necessary.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Lior 10-19-01.