- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons chicken fat
- 1/2 cup hot stock
- 3/4 cup matzo
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- Beat until thick the egg yolks and chicken fat.
- Pour hot stock over egg yolk
mixture and beat well.
- Mix remaining ingredients and stir into wet mixture.
2 egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Fold into cracker mixture and chill, covered,
1/2 to 1 hour.
- About 1/2 hour before serving time, form lightly into small balls (wet hands
with cold water).
- Drop into 6 cups boiling stock. Reduce heat at once to simmer
and cook, covered, about 15 minutes.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.