North Shore Chicago Hadassah's
For those who observe the dietary laws of kashrut, this can be made with pareve
margarine instead of butter for a meat meal and can be used either as a side noodle
dish or a dessert.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans, halved
- 1 pound wide noodles
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- Pour half the butter into 12-cup mold or tube pan and swirl around bottom and
up sides. Press brown sugar into bottom, then press pecans into sugar.
- Cook noodles in boiling water according to package directions. Drain.
- Mix noodles with eggs, remaining melted butter, cinnamon, granulated sugar and
- Spoon into prepared mold.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours or until top is brown.
- Let stand for 15 minutes
before unmolding. Top will become slightly hard, like a praline.
- Serve cold or at
Yields 10 to 12 servings.