Pareve Rum Balls
- 2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (pareve)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa, divided
- 1 cup almonds, finely ground
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/3 cup rum
- 40 pieces slivered almonds
- In a bowl, mix vanilla wafer crumbs, 2 tablespoons cocoa, ground almonds and
1 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Add corn syrup and enough rum to make a mixture
stiff enough to shape into balls. Roll into 1-inch balls; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine remaining 1 tablespoon cocoa and 1/2 cup confectioners
sugar. Roll balls to coat completely.
- Insert a slivered almond.
Will keep for 3 weeks in a tightly covered tin at room temperature or will freeze