Passover Fried Chicken with Lemon and Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 (3 pound) chickens, cut into eight pieces each
- 1 1/2 cups matzo meal (or more)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup matzo cake meal
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large non-aluminum dish.
- Add chicken, turning
to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, turning chicken pieces
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper.
- Season matzo meal with salt and pepper.
- Drain chicken pieces and blot dry with paper towels.
- Dip chicken into matzo cake meal.
- Dip chicken pieces into egg and, finally, dip into matzo meal again, coating
completely. Shake off excess matzo meal.
- Place chicken on prepared wax paper.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1/2 of oil in heavy large skillet.
- Add thigh and leg pieces of chicken to
the skillet, taking care not to crowd. Cook until golden brown and springy to the
- When cooked, place on paper towels to drain.
- Add chicken breasts and repeat procedure.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
Source: Bon Appetit
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.