Passover Linzer Torte
Pareve margarine is made from water, oil and flavorings (not dairy products).
- 1/2 cup matzo cake meal
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 cup pareve margarine or
butter,cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup ground unpeeled almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup red raspberry
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl; add cake meal and potato starch.
Top with cover; pulse 3 or 4 times or until blended.
- Add margarine to cake meal
mixture. Pulse 7 or 8 times or until blended.
- Add almonds, sugar, cinnamon and egg
yolks; process until smooth.
- Remove two-thirds of dough (1 3/4 cups) and spread
on bottom and 1 inch up sides of ungreased 9-inch springform pan; top with jam.
- Divide remaining dough into six equal portions. Shape each portion with fingers
into a ropelike cylinder; arrange on top of jam in lattice fashion, pressing each
end into dough at edge of pan. Slightly beat egg whites (at room temperature), and
brush evenly over dough.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Let cool slightly
before removing sides of springform pan.