Scalloped Matzos (Milchig)
This makes an excellent luncheon dish.
- 4 eggs
- 6 matzos
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- Beat 2 of the eggs until light, then break matzos into quarters which can be
dipped into the eggs.
- Let stand while you blend the remaining 2 eggs and seasonings
with the cheese.
- Butter a casserole.
- Arrange alternate layers of matzos and cheese in dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until nicely browned.
- Serve plain or with stewed fruit.
Yields 6 to 8 servings.