- 450g waxy potatoes (I found Desiree to be the best)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 red capsicum
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g frozen peas
- 6 large eggs
- 50g Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- Peel and cube the potatoes. Cook in boiling, salted water for five minutes or
until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile peel and chop the onion and crush the garlic.
- Deseed and chop the capsicum.
- Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion for three minutes.
- Add the garlic, red capsicum and peas. Fry for three minutes, then transfer to a
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan. Add the potatoes and cook for eight minutes,
- Beat the eggs and add the cheese. Season.
- Return the onion mixture to
the pan with the parsley.
- Reduce the heat and pour eggs evenly over the mixture.
- Cook the omelette over low heat for 10 minutes, or until eggs are set.
- Loosen the
edges with a spatula and turn out the omelette onto a plate.
- Serve hot or cold.
Shared with recipegoldmine.com by Lior, Israel, 3-25-02 newsletter.
>> Jewish Recipes