This is a Sephardic recipe.
- 1 cup diced green beans
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup stewed or 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- 2 cups cooked rice, drained and tightly packed
- Wash and drain diced vegetables. Combine and add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir once or twice.
- Butter baking dish or casserole and turn in vegetable mixture.
- Melt remaining shortening in a saucepan and drizzle over top of vegetables.
- Pour beaten eggs over top and bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees F or until eggs are set.
- Serve with mounds of cooked rice around or underneath.
Serves 5 or 6.
Variation: Substitute cooked fine noodles or macaroni for rice.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.