Mediterranean Style Pasta Toss with Feta and Capers
- 6 cups hot cooked whole-wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups chopped fresh or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Return cooked pasta to cooking pot. With heat on low, add olive oil, vinegar and garlic, heat until warmed through.
- Add spinach and basil, toss well.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
Yield: 4 servings
Per serving: approximately 398 calories, 2 g Protein, 45 g Carbohydrates, 6 g Fiber, 18 g Fat (4.5 g saturated), 19 mg Cholesterol, 41 mcg Folate, 2.5 mg Iron, 558 mg Sodium
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Wheat Foods Council