(Mexican Smoked Chile Marinade)
This spicy marinade owes its unusual flavor to the chipotle, a smoked jalapeno
chile. Chipotles are usually sold canned in tomato paste. Look for them at Mexican
and Latin American markets. Adobo marinade goes particularly well with pork.
- 3 oranges
- 1 lime
- 2 to 3 canned chipotle chiles or to taste
- 3 cloves
garlic (1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice the oranges and lime. Finely chop chiles and garlic.
- Place citrus juices,
chilies, garlic, oregano, cumin, black pepper, vinegar and salt in blender, and puree
Makes enough marinade for 1 1/2 to 2 pounds meat or chicken.
Source: Food Day, July 9, '91 From: Valerie Whittle