Agua Fresca de Sandia
(Fresh Watermelon Drink)
- 8 cups loosely-packed seeded watermelon chunks
- 1/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 12 ounces sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Mint sprigs (for garnish)
- In a blender, puree the watermelon in batches, adding the mint leaves to one
of the batches.
- Pour the watermelon juice into a large pitcher.
- Stir in the sparkling
water and taste.
- Add 1 tablespoon or more of sugar if needed.
- Chill for at least
- Pour over ice in tall glasses and garnish each glass with a mint sprig,
Variation: Substitute mangos or blood oranges for the watermelon.