Almond Leche Flan
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, cook sugar with water, stirring, until
melted and light brown. Pour into a flan pan or cake mold, tilting to coat the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, gently whisk together evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, egg
yolks and almond extract, being careful not to incorporate any air into the mixture.
Pour into prepared pan, and tap on the counter to remove any bubbles.
- Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside
roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with water
to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, until set.
- Let cool completely.
- To unmold, run a knife around the edges of the pan and invert the flan onto a
rimmed serving platter.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Yield: 8 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.