- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds skirt steaks, trimmed of fat and membrane
- Juice of 6 limes
- 2 pickled jalapenos, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 to 2 medium onions, sliced thick
- Vegetable oil
- Flour tortillas, warmed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Place meat in a shallow non-reactive pan. Combine lime juice, jalapenos and garlic.
Mix well, then pour over the meat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours, turning the
meat occasionally. Remove the meat from the refrigerator and drain it. Salt the
meat and let it sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Coat the onions well with oil. On an outdoor grill, prepare enough charcoal to
form a single layer of coals beneath the meat. When the coals are covered with gray
ash, place the steaks directly over the fire and the onions a little to the side.
Grill the meat medium-rare, about 6 minutes per side. Turn the onions occasionally,
taking them off when soft and some edges are browned and crispy.
- Allow the steaks to sit for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain diagonally
into finger-length strips.
- Pile a platter high with the meat and grilled onions, garnished with lime wedges,
and with tortillas on the side.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes