Arroz Rojo (Red Rice)
- 2 cups rice
- 2 carrots
- 1 small potato
- 1 cup peas
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 piece onion
- 3 springs parsley
- 2 cups broth
- 2 chorizos
- 3 tablespoons lard
- Soak rice in hot water for 20 minutes, rinse, drain and dry.
- Singe the tomatoes, peel and blend them along with the onion, garlic and add salt to taste.
- Peel, dice and cook potatoes and carrots along with peas.
- Fry the chorizo in the lard, Remove the excess fat and fry the rice until golden. Add pureed tomato.
Season to taste and fry until it thickens.
- Add one cup cold water and the vegetables, parsley and salt.
- When all the water is absorbed, add the hot broth, cover and cook over low heat.