This is what could be called a Mexican jellyroll.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 5 eggs, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour, sifted
- Peach jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg yolks and whites separately until whites are stiff. Combine and, still
beating, slowly add sugar, flour and butter.
- Place wax paper on a baking sheet.
Butter the wax paper. Spread dough 1/2-inch thick over the wax paper.
- Bake for 50
minutes to 1 hours.
- When done, remove from the oven and roll up quickly, paper and all. Let rest
for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Unwrap, carefully loosening paper, but leaving it under the cake. Spread cake
with jam. Re-roll, discarding the wax paper. Roll entire cake in confectioners'
sugar. Cut off both ends for a neat appearance.
- Slice 1-inch thick to serve.