- 3 small zucchini or other summer squash, unpeeled, diced large
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 fresh yellow hot peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (optional)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 to 1/3 pound Monterey jack cheese,cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh cilantro (optional)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Put squash, tomatoes, peppers, onion and garlic into a saucepan, adding no water
or oil. Heat slowly until all ingredients are hot and onion is translucent.
- Add corn and cheese. Put lid on pan and continue to heat until cheese is melted. At
this point, you can add lime juice, cilantro, salt and freshly ground pepper to
taste, if desired.
- Serve hot.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.