Caldo Xochitl (Mexican Hot Flower Soup)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup vermicelli or fine egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 whole chicken breast cooked, julienned
- 2 green chiles, chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced finely on a diagonal
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- Chopped cilantro
- Toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Break the pasta into 1/2-inch pieces and fry in the oil until it's brown.
- Drain and add to the stock, while it is simmering in a saucepan. Cook until just
tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, tomato, green onion, and cook until the mixture is just
- Ladle into bowls, garnish sparsely with the cilantro, seeds, and avocado, and
- Pass separate bowls of the garnish.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.