Carne Asada (Broiled Meat)
- 2 pounds whole tenderloin, with all fat removed*
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt, to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Slice tenderloin lengthwise, with the grain, into 1/8-inch thick slices. Place
garlic, pepper, cumin, olive oil and lime juice in a molcajete and grind the mixture
until the garlic is pureed and the spices are pulverized. Toss the oil mixture with
the sliced meat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Broil the meat very close to a very hot fire to the desired degree of doneness.
Add salt to taste and serve with refried beans and/or rice, rajas, guacamole, salsa
and hot tortillas.
* Or use round steak pounded to about a 1/8-inch thickness. Cut the steak into
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes