If you're lucky, you may find a restaurant in the Southwest that serves chilaquiles.
Very few do.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 corn tortillas
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups salsa fresca
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
- Cut tortillas in quarters and fry them in the oil until slightly crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Place a layer of 16 wedges on the bottom of a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Add one-third of the salsa and sprinkle one-third of the cheese on top.
- Repeat this process twice more.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Serve accompanied by refried beans.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Mexican Recipes